Friday, February 27, 2009

Barney Rosenzweig's "Back 'Atcha" (6)

In comments on Barney’s blog of tuesday, 23 january, 2007 A MESSAGE FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCER BARNEY ROSENZWEIG :

--
smudge wrote
Hi Barney,
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed watching Trial of Rosie O'Neil. I especially loved the theme song. Can you confirm who sang it? I thought it was Carol King but when I was on the IMDB website they said it was Carly Simon. Also is it possible to purchase the song anywhere?

barney answers
Well ... you are partially right.

Carole King wrote the song ("I wish I knew") and she did sing it, but not on the titles. She sang it on camera in an episode we did ... where Tyne Daly was also a guest star ... and she sang it occasionally in concert.

Melissa Manchester was the artist who sang the lyric in the first season and for part of the second season when we experimented with using just the music, sans lyric, for the main title.

Don't you just hate it when the answer is longer than the question?

Oh yes, I am going to look into where one can purchase the song. I have an autographed by Ms King copy of the sheet music, but have never heard if she put it on one of her albums (do they still call them albums?).

By the way, for those who don't know, "I wish I knew" was the answer to the Carole King question posed musically, "What does the future hold?"

3 comments:

anyone's MOTHERS said...

I miss that show!

Rach said...

The Trials of Rosie O'Neill is a good show I agree and it would be nice if it were on DVD.

I'm looking forward to the 'Cagney and Lacey' movies upcoming up on DVD. Hopefully it will be shortly.*g*

Have a great day all, Rachel B

vichag26 said...

Dear Mr. Rozenzweig,

Did you know my grandmother, Lillian Corday? Please e-mail any memories you might have.

Victoria