Sunday, April 29, 2007

BOOK FAIR

BOOK SOUP

On Saturday I had my first book signing ever at the LA Book Fair. It was only 30 minutes of “fame” in that Book Soup stall on the campus of UCLA, but we sold out the 50 copies of Cagney & Lacey…and Me that the book store ordered, and could well have done more if anyone (including me) had the requisite amount of confidence to predict such a success.

We have 200 more books awaiting signature at the Monday night event at the Beverly Hills branch of the Museum of Television and Radio. If we sell out there, I may start to get a trifle big headed…that is, until someone shows me the sales figures on The Da Vinci Code.

I hope by now you have ordered your copy of the book through Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. I am told you can wander over to your favorite book store, but why do that? 99.9% of them will not stock the book (oh yee of little faith) and will only do for you what you can do for yourself and order it with their computer.

For those folks who are wondering, the DVD box of the Menopause Years quartet of films (the only films of Cagney & Lacey that I truly control) will be released shortly. We also have found a stash of the crew sweatshirts from our production of these reunion films and will be offering them for sale as well.

A hard bound gift addition of the book…with some extra features that the current book does not have…will be available by (hopefully) early summer. So, all kinds of good stuff, and all thanks to the continuing interest of so many of you. One couple came all the way from London to attend the Book Fair and the Museum tribute. Another twosome flew down from Vancouver to get their books autographed and to be part of the Television and Radio festivities. It is all very gratifying and, once again, I thank you.

Barney Rosenzweig

11 comments:

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

Hey, Mr R! Congrats on the sellout today. I predict you'll sell out in Beverly Hills, as well (only 200?). ::crosses fingers::
Amazon says my copy has shipped-- yesss!

And excellent news-- of impending hardcover & reunion films releases!

So when are you gonna hit the Portland or Eugene area? Nice big lesbian population here, guy, I'm tellin' ya! Anyway, thanks for the updates, happy to hear it's going well!

Love from Oregon,
Anne N.

Unknown said...

Hi Barney!

Any chance of a book tour in the UK?! Would love to catch up with you out here

Pip x

Debbie said...

Barney,
I got my book in the mail today and yes, I did order from Amazon. It is a great read and I can't wait to read the rest of the book.

I am looking forward to more Cagney & Lacey merchandise. Keep it coming :o)

Lori said...

Hi Barney,

I'm so glad the book signing went well. I bought mine on Amazon and just started reading it today. Love it so far.

I like the idea of the crew sweatshirts being available. Please let us know when these are available and where we can order/purchase them from.

Best wishes on the selling of a million more copies of your book!

Lori

Wishes said...

Barney,
Congratulations on your book!
My partner and I had come from Vancouver for the Cagney and Lacey Reunion at MTR, and it was a bonus that you were signing at the Book Soup booth! We appreciate that you took time to talk with us.
"Cagney and Lacey...and Me" delivers a lot of insight into the making of the series, and we've also enjoyed the pages of photos.
The MTR panel was very good, offering insight into the series, particularly into the struggles to get it on the air and keep it there. Thanks to you, Sharon, Tyne, Barbara Corday, and the other cast members and writers for taking part in this event and saying hello to the fans.
Judy and Donna

Anne said...

Okay, I've finished the book.
I feel like Rob in High Fidelity:

"Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I've read books like "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Love in the Time of Cholera", and I think I've understood them. They're about girls, right?"

No, it was good, really. And I'm sorry it's done because I want more. Good luck on the circuit.

Zandra LaPoI said...

Well I am in the UK and mine has shipped so I am waiting like a 'Cat on hot bricks'!!

Can't wait, good luck with everything!!

Zandra LaPoI
UK

Anne said...

If I may just add 4 more words:
Release the films, please?

Unknown said...

Hi Barney
I am just about to finish your marvelous book..feeling sad...like coming home from a great and much needed vacation..love home but don't want to leave a great place.
You, Mister, are a piece of work...
I can hardly wait for the movies..I bought two of them...VHS...a long time ago via ebay..
I also bought the DVDs that came out with the book.
I am so happy to continue to support you in my small way.
Sincerely, Olivia

Amy said...

DEAR Barney,


Hi my name ia Amy Arnett. I am from Jackson Michigan. I just wanted to know why no stores have cagney and lacey. My mom was going to get it for me for christmas but the stores she went to don't have it. I have always wanted that every since it came to dvd. I like that show. I was born January 22, 1980. So i was born when it was made. I use to watch it in the 80s.
And i always dreamed for it to come to dvd. I think it is easy and better to have them at the store so people can buy them better. Its harder for me to buy them online. Well i will stop for now. Take care and god bless you.

From ,Amy Arnett